Do you want to join a rapidly growing, dynamic company with excellent personal development and career development opportunities in a technical IT role?
Working with the currently outsourced IT support provider, our client are developing their own in-house IT helpdesk to support users working on site near Portsmouth and provide remote support technical support to remote-workers.
They need a ‘hands-on’ IT support specialist to help support their users, manage the network and assist with plans to develop the IT / cloud infrastructure.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Installing and configuring new hardware devices and software on the network
- Microsoft 365 System administration (Active Directory, Security Groups, Exchange etc)
- Training and supporting users in the use of core Office 365 Applications, identifying IT training needs
- Identifying hardware and software solutions for particular requirements, troubleshooting technical issues, diagnosing and resolving faults with the network, user devices and printers.
- Speaking to customers to quickly get to the root of their problem, talking through actions to resolve a problem or conducting remote support sessions
- Following up with clients to ensure the problem is resolved
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Providing support and training in the form of Wiki documentation, FAQs and short ‘how to’ guides
- Managing multiple cases at one time through our internal IT support ticketing system
- Testing and evaluating new technologies
- Developing and deploying IT policies and good practice and keeping up to date technical knowledge
- Providing technical support to the Operations Team with diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in Windows images on our laptop production line
The candidate should have the following education, qualifications and experience:
- Highly organised individual with good multi-tasking / organisational skills
- Attention to detail with good analytical, problem-solving and technical skills
- To have experience or qualifications in IT or IT support
- Degree in Computer Science (or related – eg Information Technology) preferable
- and/or relevant IT Practitioner Diploma (eg National Certificate & Diploma IT Practitioners, City & Guilds etc)
- and/or or relevant professional certifications (eg Microsoft 365 Certified Enterprise Admin)
- and/or 1-2 years’ prior experience in a technical support, system administrator or desktop support role
- Experience of Microsoft/Office 365 System Administrator (new users, security groups, Active Directory, etc)
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desktop software
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- More advanced Windows Server, Azure System Administrator, VM setup skills
- Experience with Microsoft deployment technologies including Autopilot, InTune, SCCM etc