Portfolio Recruitment are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our client based in Four Marks.
A small but multiskilled team, they are one of a global group of companies with it’s headquartered in America. They carry out design, manufacture and assembly of electromechanical products on site and provide technical support & custom solutions for global sales teams and customers.
The successful applicant will be joining a small team with the opportunity to make a large impact on the company. The role is very varied and will suit someone who likes to take control of their own day to day workload.
- Working with Customers on Customised solutions
- Oversee the project from start to finish
- Develop the spec with the customer, design and draft, prototype, validate and support manufacturing through builds
- Create all relevant documentation for customer and production use
- Customer and Sales Technical Support
- Internal Production Support
- Technically supporting our manufacturing teams
- New product design
To achieve the above listed the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:-
- Project Management
- Technical Report Writing
- CAD Modelling/Drafting
- Understanding Product Costs
- Specification writing, (datasheets, build specs)
- Able to design processes
- Hands on assembly
- Understanding of manufacturing considerations in design
- Progress reporting to leadership team
The Following additional skills would be advantageous:-
- Machining (Manual typical)
- Understanding of Electrics, Motors, sensors
Salary dependent on skills & experience.