Our client, an expanding engineering company based in Alton, are looking to recruit a Mobile Welder/Service Engineer to work predominantly in London and around the South-East.
Our client is looking for:
- A willing, adaptable, energetic and conscientious team player who is able to grasp the company’s vision and whilst working under guidance, show their own initiative in order to meet targets and deadlines.
- A professional friendly character, with good communication and personnel/ interactive skills; able to communicate with the full spectrum of on-site personnel from Project Manager to Site Operatives.
Daily tasks will include:
- Driving to sites across the UK. Predominantly in London and the south-east but not limited to these areas. May require some ‘nights away’.
- Carrying out repairs, servicing and set up of equipment.
- Recording all work activities for office based Customer Service team and obtaining customer ‘sign-off’ of work completed.
- Daily work organisation will be completed by the Customer Service team, but will often require a proactive approach on the part of the candidate to agree times and confirmation of arrival to site with the customer.
Skill Set Required:
- General fitting skills
- Basic knowledge and experience of machinery and/or hydraulic systems
Working hours: Monday to Friday
There will be a requirement for some flexibility, determined by the customer/ workload, regarding working hours i.e. there will be call for some early starts which can be balanced with early finishes or later starts.
Company vehicle provided – Fully equipped company van (Mercedes Vito or similar), complete with vehicle tracking system will be provided. Candidate is responsible for care and general good ‘housekeeping’ of the vehicle.
Salary: £32,000 with overtime available (OTE £36,000)